Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Soggy Update

Published by Alde under on 4:16 PM
Its been a little soggy on the gardening front here. We've received rain almost every day for the last week or more, save yesterday and today. Though it wasn't raining, the ground was still quite soggy from everything that we already had.

My rose bed that I started on a few weeks ago is coming together a bit better now. I mixed some organic matter in with our nasty clay soil to help the drainage before I set out the new roses. I transplanted a bush from next to our house out in the bed, and added in the gooseberry bush. Unfortunately the screen that I had put in the back of the bed hasn't withstood the wind. I'm going to have to put in cement to get it to stay in place. I'll have to get that done later this summer.

I still need another larger bush for the bed, and another compact holly to even things out. From there Its just a matter of mulch and other ground cover. I'm hoping that I can have it all put together soon, and I'll get pictures posted. Until then, here are some other blooming goodies from the yard.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers