Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Published by Alde under on 7:08 PM


I started this bed in the yard on Saturday, and I'm still nowhere done with it. Our ground is a wonderful mix of clay and shale, making it very difficult to dig any depth at all. You can still see a lot of the piles of rocks around the edges of the bed where I would throw them in frustration.

The bed is almost done now, just a bit more tilling and mixing of dirt and organic material, and then it will be time to plant the flowers. I'm starting in this bed with the roses that were shipped from family via my mom. I don't really know what varieties or colors they may be just yet, but the surprise is part of the fun of it. I'm also going to put in the gooseberry bush that we bought, as the soil conditions are pretty similar.

Its going to rain (or its supposed to rain) here for the next few days. I doubt I'm going to get much yard work done, unless I want to just go out and stand in the downpour. (This actually sounds like fun, I just may have to do it!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers